Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pieces Of Me...



"These are the pieces of me.."
There are so many layers, and underlying layers to this woman we call Jasmine. It's taken me a long to take all of these pieces, group them together and become the woman that I am. There has been plenty of help along the way, I would NEVER be the woman I am, and destined to be, without that help. It's been a very long, and grueling journey, and right now, I feel I am at a crossroads. I've given myself away to God, and it's like, my journey is starting all over again. It's amazing and scary at the same times. Most times, I don't know which way I am going, up, down, left, or right, but I just keep going, praying that it is the direction God has laid out for me. The pieces of me include my mind, body, heart and soul. They all connect together and become ME, but sometimes, they break away, and I am not the same person because my pieces have been torn apart. Together, nothing can break me, apart, I am not Jasmine...

My Heart- the center of me. Take this from me and everything shuts down. In my heart, you can find some shattered pieces that have been glued back together because God has mended my heart. My love is there. My love for my family and friends. My heart is a MAJOR part of me because in most cases, it is the piece of me that is the leader. Sometimes, I think my heart is too big and too open. I am willing to do so much more for others than what they are willing to do for me. I've tried being cold-hearted, but my heart bleeds warm blood, which melts the ice wall that I've tried so hard to create. Just like Jesus is the center of my joy, my heart is the center of me, where He lives. I can FEEL him there.


My Body- My temple. For a long time, I abused my body. Didn't care what happened to it. Could care less if it just deteriorated and disappeared into thin air. I was so lost in my own sadness, that I forgot that my body is my temple. I forgot I was supposed to take care of it. I didn't care. Now, I view my body as my living space. I wouldn't want to live somewhere that is always cold, that is always a mess. I want to dwell in a place where there is warmth, peace, love and happiness. I can't get that by not caring. I had to learn to love MYSELF which included taking care of my body. God said, my body is a temple. I have to know and believe that!

My Mind- My world. I call my mind my world because, in there, no one else is more important than myself. In my world, everything is beautiful. My art is beautiful. My music is beautiful. My words are beautiful. I am beautiful. In my mind, I think these things, which keeps a smile on my face. I think, therefore I am. In my world, nothing can go wrong. This is where I can HEAR the voice of God. My conscience. Never steering me wrong. Always leading me in the right direction.


My Soul- My peace/spirit. My soul is where I find my peace. Nothing and no one can EVER get me to the point where my soul is tattered and broken.Yes, my heart can, will, and has been broken. My body has been abused. My mind as been taken hostage, but my soul, yea...nothing has ever gotten me to the point where I feel like I've lost my soul. I have to have that inner peace, or I would go crazy. You can't break my spirit. No matter what is going on, I will continue to have a smile on my face because I know I have that peace. I know that nothing can stop that. Once I found when I rededicated my life to God, it hasn't been shaken or broken.

"I'm stronger, I'm wiser, I'm better, much better."

This, everyone, are the pieces of me. What are the pieces of YOU?


No comments:

Post a Comment